Monday, April 4, 2011

This Is The Place

     This is a story for which there is no beginning. However to forgo the dramatics, let us start 18 years ago when I was born.
  
     My name is Sam Totten and I have a listless string of problems both emotional and physical. This blog is about my experiences as a tall, skinny boy growing up in Utah. For all the outsiders, the tittle of this post 'this is the place', refers to the mormons coming to Utah and declaring it as the place to be. Place to be my ass. Not really, but whatever. On that note, I may seem unclear or scattered sometimes and that is a completely true observation.

     Back to the introduction: I'm a biology major at the University of Utah and love the outdoors. Rock climbing is my new obsession (note the blatant contradiction of claiming to hate Utah).

     Two halves make a whole. My partner in blog is Tracy Lewis. Equally as cool and slightly less tall, she grew up in the same town as me, Park City, Utah. Observe the drawing below: Tracy is the designated illustrator and a mighty fine one at that. We have the same length hair so some people think we are the same person. Hair length is directly proportional to individual identity.

     Okay. Tangents aside, my name is Sam Totten, this is my friend, and this is our blog.


1 comment:

  1. Look forward to more posts. I would love to go climbing with you both sometime.

    ReplyDelete