Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Self-Perpetuating Sleep Cycle

I like to think of myself as two different people. On the one hand, there is morning Tracy, listless and cranky, and night Tracy, energetic and seemingly productive! Throughout the day, morning Tracy morphs into night Tracy, and I really do believe that it is through a human version of photosynthesis. I've outlined the process here:



Step 1: Wake up in the morning, HATING night Tracy for imposing this drowsiness upon the current me, morning Tracy.
Step 2: Try as I might, be unable to stay awake in class, die a little inside when I wake up and see that I am completely lost in the lecture and will probably have no idea what is going on in the class for the rest of the year.
Step 3: Walk outside after the duration of my classes, see sun, begin to rejuvenate and slowly gain energy, so that the nap I was so looking forward to upon my return home is physically IMPOSSIBLE.
Step 4: The energy gained during the day lasts well into the night, and for some reason night me, reckless, frigid bitch that she is, pays no regard to the suffering morning me will have to go through in the morning.
And the cycle repeats itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment